About Our Organic Vegetable Baskets
Eat fresh organic vegetables all summer long, directly from the farm! The organic basket program (also known as CSA, or Community Supported Agriculture) lets you sign up for a weekly delivery of fresh, seasonal vegetables grown for you at our farm. By subscribing to the full season (mid-June to end of October) you receive :
- 15-20% discount on vegetables when compared to our market prices
- possibility to purchase other local goods such as honey, organic fruit, organic sunflower oil, and organic grains and flour from our neighbours, as well as larger quantities of tomatoes, root vegetables and garlic in the fall
- a chance to meet your family’s farmers, visit the farm, help out in the field if you like, and connect with local organic agriculture!
Price for Tourne-Sol organic vegetable baskets
The 2017 season will be 22 weeks from early June until late October. We will contact you in early June to confirm the start-date. A weekly share costs $656 for 22 weeks of veggies and a bi-weekly share costs $348 (11 baskets over 22 weeks). Prices include a $18 contribution to Equiterre to support the Equiterre CSA network.
NOTE : with our online registration form below, any missed week is automatically deducted and price is adjusted accordingly. We accept registrations all season long.
|Number of baskets||22||11|
|Cost per basket||x $30||x $30|
|Discount for weeklies||– $22|
|Équiterre contribution||+ $18||+ $18|
|10 weeks||5 weeks|
You can also sign up for flowers and fruit!
Flower Share : Your choice of 5 or 10 weeks of Tourne-Sol organic flowers, freshly harvested and delivered at the same time as your vegetable basket. Each week receive two bunches of singular flowers that can stand on their own or be combined to make a mixed bouquet. Flowers will include sunflowers, zinnias, snapdragon, ageratum, larkspur, and more! The cost is $100 for 10 weeks, or $50 for 5 weeks. Deliveries start in July.
Fruit Share :
Your choice of 5 or 10 weeks of fresh organic strawberries, blueberries and apples in season. These fruits are sourced from other local organic growers. The cost is $100 for 10 weeks, or $50 for 5 weeks. We may also have fruit available for purchase at the delivery point, but priority goes to the fruit basket subscribers. Although the content of the fruit basket is subject to change as a function of our partner’s harvest, a typical 10 weeks of organic fruit may look like this:
- For 2 weeks: 2-3 pints of strawberries from Patrice Coursol in Mirabel. (We have been offering Patrice’s strawberries for the last four years.) Available in June.
- For 4 weeks: 2-3 pints of blueberries from Aux fins délices, a recently certified organic grower in Très-St-Rédempteur; available in August
- For 4 weeks: 4-5lbs of apples from Vergers Bio d’Oka, available in September and October
The 5 week version of this sample fruit share would include : 1 week of strawberries, 2 of blueberries and 2 of apples.
Other products available at the delivery point
At delivery points other than Vaudreuil we offer additional organic vegetables. At some locations we also offer these products from local producers : organic sunflower oil, organic rolled oats, organic flour, honey, & fresh goat cheese.
As the season progresses, depending on the harvest, members can order larger quantities of certain vegetables like basil, tomatoes, garlic and storage roots. We will send out a list of available crops as they become available.
At the farm delivery point, we offer a pick-your-own garden to members at no extra charge. This garden typically includes peas, beans, and flowers.
Tourne-Sol farm offers one size of basket. You can choose to pick it up every week or every 2 weeks (bi-weekly).
The weekly basket provides enough vegetables for the weekly needs of a family of 3-4, or a couple that eat a lot of vegetables. The bi-weekly basket is better suited to individuals or couples. Subscribers choose from three delivery points from which to collect their vegetables.
Each basket contains 9-12 certified organic vegetables grown on our farm, and the contents of the baskets change with the season. We aim to provide lots of well-loved vegetables (carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers) as well as some unusual crops (kohlrabi, green garlic, celeriac, etc).
Vegetables are not pre-boxed. Members make up their own basket by following a blackboard list of their share of that week’s harvest. We set the contents of each share. There is usually some choice. We also provide an exchange box where you can trade unwanted items. And please bring your own bags or boxes!
Here is what the baskets might look like at different times during the season :
|Late June||Early August||Late September|
|1 head lettuce||1 head lettuce||1 head lettuce|
|250 g salad mix||1 quart tomatoes||3 red peppers|
|1 pint snap peas||1 quart new potatoes||1 kg carrots|
|1 bunch basil||2 eggplants||1 bulb garlic|
|1 bunch scallions||3 zucchini||1 bunch leeks|
|1 bunch garlic scapes||4 cucumbers||1 quart tomatoes|
|1 bunch turnips||1 bulb fresh garlic||1 celeriac OR rutabaga|
|1 bunch radish||1 pint cherry tomatoes||1 cabbage OR cauliflower|
|1 bunch beets OR napa cabbage||1 bunch carrots||1 butternut squash|
|1 bunch parsley OR arugula||2 green peppers||1 herb choice : hot peppers, sage, thyme|
|1 herb choice : dill, basil, cilantro|
We determine the basket contents based on our market prices. Over the course of the season, vegetable basket members receive 15 – 20 % more vegetables than what they paid for.
The majority of our vegetables are grown for our vegetable basket members. We do grow vegetables for our market stall in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue but our priority is always filling our CSA baskets – in an instance of a limited crop, we prioritize our CSA baskets.
Members choose one delivery point for the season from which to collect their vegetables.
- Kirkland, Metro-Plus Kirkland (3801 boul St-Charles), NEW !! Mondays from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
- Beaconsfield, Christmas Park (424 boul. Beaconsfield), Tuesdays from 4:30 PM to 7 PM.
- Vaudreuil, Gare de train AMT (rue Elmer-Lach), Wednesdays from 4:30 PM to 7 PM.
- Les Cèdres, La ferme Tourne-Sol (1025 ch. St-Dominique), Thursdays from 3 PM to 7 PM
- Pointe-Claire, Metro-Plus Pointe-Claire (325 boul. Saint-Jean), Thursdays from 4 PM – 6:30PM.
Vacations and Missed Baskets
What to do when you can’t come pickup your basket at the usual place and time?
If you are not able to come get your basket at the planned hour and location, you have 3 options.
1. Send someone to get the basket in your place.
- It can be anybody, you don’t even need to tell us in advance.
- They come to the delivery point and tell us the first and last names of your basket registration.
- They can come pick up the basket and bring it back to you, or they can keep it for themselves (it’s a really nice gift!).
2. Come get your basket at the farm on the day following your delivery
- Baskets that are not picked-up on the night of the delivery are pre-boxed and kept at the farm for ONE DAY.
- Come to the farm (1025 chemin St-Dominique, les Cèdres), on the day following your delivery between 12pm and 7pm. No need to warn us in advance.
- The baskets will be pre-made in boxes and placed in a designated self-serve area. Please bring your own bags, transfer the vegetables, and leave us the box.
- If you do not pick-up the vegetables on the day following your drop-off, we will donate them to the food bank
3. Use online calendar to change date/location yourself or get a credit.
- Deadline for modifications is 48h before your scheduled delivery
- Access calendar here: http://www.fermierdefamille.com/fermetournesol/calendar/
- Click on the basket or star symbol on the date of the delivery you want to move
- A list of all available delivery dates and locations will appear
- Click on the desired delivery location at the desired date, il will be highlighted in green if successful.
- Go to the very end of the from, and click on the green button to « move the delivery »
- The basket or gift symbol represents a vegetable delivery. The star symbols represent a special delivery (fruit or flowers). Each basket must be moved individually.
– To obtain a credit on your account.
- Click on the gift symbol at the date you want reimbursed
- A list of all available delivery dates and locations will appear
- At the bottom of the form, click on the “reimburse to slate” button
- A confirmation message will appear, click to continue.
- The credit is transferred to your account and can be used to buy complementary products or special orders at your delivery point or at the market.
- Bi-weekly members can obtain credit for 1 week. Weekly members can obtain credit for 2 weeks.
To register you can
- complete the online form in the sidebar on the right (or at the bottom of the page on mobile devices). Select the desired options, then enter your e-mail. An e-mail will be sent to you to finalize the registration.
Refer new members to win!
Please share the registration form with your friends. For each referral that results in a new vegetable basket member, your name will be entered in a raffle to win your vegetable basket for FREE! The draw will take place during our Open House. The winner will get a refund on their vegetable share!
If a current vegetable basket member referred you to our farm be sure to include his or her name.
Sign up early for a gift certificate
Payment in full before January 15 entitles weekly members to a $20 gift certificate and bi-weekly members to a $10 gift certificate. New this year! These are now redeemable for any of the extra products we offer at our delivery locations, at market or when you pass online orders.
You can pay by interac e-transfer or by cheque. Registration will not be complete until full payment is received.
- Send Interac e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make cheques payable to “ferme coopérative Tourne-Sol” and mail to Ferme coopérative Tourne-Sol, 1025 ch. St-Dominique, les Cèdres, QC, J7T 1P5. Send all cheques at once.
You can pay at once, or use the instalment schedule described in the online form. Note that your first payment includes a $50 non-refundable deposit. Please include all post-dated cheques in your envelope.
If a more flexible payment schedule with more instalments would help you, we are very happy to customize your payment schedule, and it is easy to do with our new registration system. Register online, and contact Frédéric at email@example.com, it will be our pleasure to meet your needs.