About Our Organic Vegetable Baskets
WE ACCEPT REGISTRATIONS ALL THROUGH THE SEASON. THE SIGN-UP FORM BELOW WILL AUTOMATICALLY COUNT THE NUMBER OF WEEKS LEFT IN THE SEASON, AND WILL INDICATE THE PRICE.
Eat fresh organic vegetables all summer long, directly from the farm!
Price of our organic vegetable baskets
The 2019 season will be 22 weeks from early June until late October. We will contact you in May to confirm the start-date. A weekly share costs $680.70 for 22 weeks of veggies and a bi-weekly share costs $361.70 (11 baskets over 22 weeks). Prices include a $18 (+tx) contribution to the Réseau des Fermiers de Famille – a network of farms like ours which is coordinated by Equiterre, and who works hard to develop local organic farming.
|Number of baskets||22||11|
|Cost per basket||x $31||x $31|
|Discount for weeklies||– $22|
|RFF contribution (+tx)||+ $18||+ $18|
|10 weeks||5 weeks|
|Flower Share (+ tx)||100$||50$|
You can also sign up for flowers and fruit!
Flower Share :
Your choice of 5 or 10 weeks of Tourne-Sol organic flowers, freshly harvested and delivered at the same time as your vegetable basket. Each week receive one mixed bouquet. Flowers will include sunflowers, zinnias, snapdragon, ageratum, larkspur, and more! The cost is $100 for 10 weeks, or $50 for 5 weeks (taxes applicable). Deliveries start in July.
Fruit Share :
5 or 10 weeks of fresh organic fruits (strawberries, blueberries and apples in season). These fruits are sourced from other local organic growers. The cost is $100 for 10 weeks, or $50 for 5 weeks. We may also have fruit available for purchase at the delivery point, but priority goes to the fruit basket subscribers. Although the content of the fruit basket is subject to change as a function of our partner’s harvest, a typical 10 weeks of organic fruit may look like this:
- For 2 weeks: 2-3 pints of organic strawberries from Patrice Coursol in Mirabel, a long time partner of ours, and amazing grower. Available in June.
- For 4 weeks: 2 pints of blueberries from Covey Hill farm, where Gregg Edwards, a retiree apple grower, started in certified organic blueberry production; available in August
- For 4 weeks: 4-5lbs of apples from Vergers Bio d’Oka, les Jumeaux Maraîchers in Mirabel and/or Verger Pomibec in Franklin; available in September and October
The 5 week version of this sample fruit share would include : 1 week of strawberries, 2 of blueberries and 2 of apples.
DISCLAIMER: the content of the fruit basket may change based on availability.
Extend your basket season – November Baskets
The November basket gives you the option to extend the season by 3 weeks!
Pickup dates will be on Thursdays: November 7th, 14th and 21st.
The November basket will be offered at two of our delivery locations. If you regularly pickup at another of our locations, you are welcome to change locations for these baskets.
We have also changed the pickup hours because it will be dark and cold at that time of year !
- At the farm : 3:o0 pm to 6:30 pm
- At Metro Pointe-Claire: 4 pm to 6 pm
The quantity and the basket size will be the same as usual, and the cost will be 31$ per week. Because of the weather, it is possible that the basket be pre-made in a box, rather than picked up from a mini-market like what you are used to in the summer.
Other products available at the delivery point
At delivery points other than Vaudreuil, we offer additional organic vegetables. At some locations we also offer these products from local producers : organic sunflower oil, organic rolled oats, organic flour, honey & sometimes fresh goat cheese.
As the season progresses, depending on the harvest, members can order larger quantities of certain vegetables like basil, garlic scapes, tomatoes, garlic and storage roots. We will send out order forms as crops become available.
At the farm delivery point, we offer a pick-your-own garden to members at no extra charge. This garden typically includes peas, beans, and flowers.
Advantages of the basket program
The organic basket program (also known as CSA, or Community Supported Agriculture) lets you sign up for a weekly delivery of fresh, seasonal vegetables grown for you at our farm. By subscribing to the full season (mid-June to end of October) you receive :
- 15-25% discount on vegetables when compared to our market prices
- possibility to purchase other local goods such as honey, organic fruit, organic sunflower oil, and organic grains and flour from our neighbours, as well as larger quantities of tomatoes, root vegetables and garlic in the fall
- a chance to meet your family’s farmers, visit the farm, help out in the field if you like, and connect with local organic agriculture!
Tourne-Sol farm offers one size of basket. You can choose to pick it up every week or every 2 weeks (bi-weekly).
The weekly basket provides enough vegetables for the weekly needs of a family of 3-4, or a couple that eats a lot of vegetables.
The bi-weekly basket is better suited to individuals or couples. Subscribers choose from 4 delivery points from which to collect their vegetables.
Each basket contains 9-12 certified organic vegetables grown on our farm, and the contents of the baskets change with the season. We aim to provide lots of well-loved vegetables (carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers) as well as some unusual crops (kohlrabi, green garlic, celeriac, etc).
Vegetables are not pre-boxed. Members make up their own basket by following a blackboard list with the basket contents, and making their choices.
We also provide an exchange box where you can trade unwanted items.
And please bring your own bags or boxes! A vegetable basket is a great way to reduce packaging and waste, only if you bring your own containers!
Here are examples of what the baskets might look like at different times during the season :
|Late June||Early August||Late September|
|1 head lettuce||1 head lettuce||1 head lettuce|
|250 g salad mix||1 quart tomatoes||3 red peppers|
|1 pint snap peas||1 quart onions||1 kg carrots|
|1 bunch basil||2 eggplants OR 1 bunch beets.||1 bulb garlic|
|1 bunch scallions||3 zucchini OR patty pan||1 bunch leeks|
|1 bunch garlic scapes||4 cucumbers||1 quart tomatoes|
|1 bunch turnips||1 bulb fresh garlic||1 celeriac OR turnips|
|1 bunch radish||1 pint cherry tomatoes||1 cabbage OR broccoli|
|1 bunch beets OR napa cabbage||1 bunch carrots||1 butternut squash|
|1 bunch parsley OR arugula||1 choice between: fennel, celery, cabbage.||1 herb choice : hot peppers, sage, thyme|
|1 herb choice : dill, basil, cilantro|
We offer lots of choices in the basket. Members typically get 2 to 4 choice items in the basket. At the end of the season, our members really like our bulk root choices in which members get to fill up a large basket with their own selection of a wide variety of root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, beets, turnips, celeriac, etc.)
We determine the basket contents based on our market prices. Over the course of the season, vegetable basket members receive 15 – 25 % more vegetables than what they paid for.
We do however offer the possibility to buy extra items for members who want to get produce in addition to the contents of the pre-paid basket.
Members choose one delivery point for the season from which to collect their vegetables.
- Kirkland, Metro-Plus Kirkland (3801 boul St-Charles), Mondays from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
- Beaconsfield, Christmas Park (424 boul. Beaconsfield), Tuesdays from 4:30 PM to 7 PM.
- Vaudreuil, Gare de train AMT (rue Elmer-Lach), Wednesdays from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Les Cèdres, La ferme Tourne-Sol (1025 ch. St-Dominique), Thursdays from 3 PM to 7 PM
- Pointe-Claire, Metro-Plus Pointe-Claire (325 boul. Saint-Jean), Thursdays from 4:30 PM – 6:30PM.
Vacations and Missed Baskets
What to do when you can’t come pickup your basket at the usual place and time?
If you are not able to come get your basket at the planned hour and location, you have 3 options.
1. Send someone to get the basket in your place.
- It can be anybody, you don’t even need to tell us in advance.
- They come to the delivery point and tell us the first and last names of your basket registration.
- They can come pick up the basket and bring it back to you, or they can keep it for themselves (it’s a really nice gift!).
2. Come get your basket at the farm on the day following your delivery
- Baskets that are not picked-up on the night of the delivery are pre-boxed and kept at the farm for ONE DAY.
- Come to the farm (1025 chemin St-Dominique, les Cèdres), on the day following your delivery before 8pm. No need to warn us in advance.
- The baskets will be pre-made in boxes and placed in a our self-serve fridge, just outside of the barn. Please bring your own bags, transfer the vegetables, and leave us the box.
- If you do not pick-up the vegetables on the day following your drop-off, we will donate them to the food bank
3. Use online calendar to change date/location yourself or get a credit.
- Deadline for modifications is 48h before your scheduled delivery
- Access calendar here: http://www.fermierdefamille.com/fermetournesol/calendar/
- Click on the basket or star symbol on the date of the delivery you want to move
- A list of all available delivery dates and locations will appear
- Click on the desired delivery location at the desired date, il will be highlighted in green if successful.
- Go to the very end of the from, and click on the green button to « move the delivery »
- The basket or gift symbol represents a vegetable delivery. The star symbols represent a special delivery (fruit or flowers). Each basket must be moved individually.
– To obtain a credit on your account.
- Click on the gift symbol at the date you want reimbursed
- A list of all available delivery dates and locations will appear
- At the bottom of the form, click on the “reimburse to slate” button
- A confirmation message will appear, click to continue.
- The credit is transferred to your account and can be used to buy complementary products or special orders at your delivery point or at the market.
- Bi-weekly members can obtain credit for 1 week. Weekly members can obtain credit for 2 weeks.
To register you must:
- complete the online form in the sidebar on the right (or at the bottom of the page on mobile devices).
- Select the desired options, then enter your e-mail.
- An e-mail will be sent to you to finalize the registration.
You can pay by interac e-transfer or by cheque.
- Send Interac e-transfers to email@example.com
- Make cheques payable to “ferme coopérative Tourne-Sol” and mail to Ferme coopérative Tourne-Sol, 1025 ch. St-Dominique, les Cèdres, QC, J7T 1P5. Send all cheques at once.
You can pay at once, or use the installment schedule described in the online form. Note that your first payment includes a $50 non-refundable deposit. Please include all post-dated cheques in your envelope.
If a more flexible payment schedule with more installments would help you, we are very happy to customize your payment schedule, and it is easy to do with our new registration system. Register online, and contact Frédéric at firstname.lastname@example.org, it will be our pleasure to meet your needs.
Refer new members to save!
Please share the registration form with your friends!
For each referral that results in a new vegetable basket member before June 2018, we will issue a 10$ credit to the referring member. Your credit can be used to order extra vegetables or any other products offered by Tourne-Sol online or at our delivery points.
A referral will only be valid if the new member indicates the name of the referring member in their registration form when we ask the question: “How did you hear about our farm?”. The new member has to select the answer “referred by a friend”, and provide the name of the referring member.
Sign up early for a gift certificate
Payment in full before January 15 entitles weekly members to a $20 gift certificate and bi-weekly members to a $10 gift certificate. These are redeemable for any of the extra products we offer at our delivery locations, at market or when you place online orders.