For the Roasted Kale Salad
1 bunch kale leaves
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 fennel bulb, leafy greens reserved
1 small seedless cucumber
½ cup roasted almond slices
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Avocado Caesar Dressing
1 ½ large avocados
3 cloves garlic peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup olive oil
2 anchovies packed in olive oil
Juice of one lemon
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. For the Roasted Kale Salad
2. Stem washed and dried kale leaves and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F and cook for 3-5 minutes or until leaves become crispy on the edges then remove from oven and set aside.
3. Slice white part of fennel bulb into very thin layers and remove some of the leafy sprigs from the stems and set aside for garnish. Thinly slice the cucumber.
4. Layer the kale leaves on a plate or serving dish and layer the fennel bulb slices and cucumber, sprinkle with roasted almonds and crumbled feta cheese. Garnish with lemon zest and freshly ground black peper and kosher salt. Serve with Avocado Caesar Dressing.
5. For the Avocado Caesar DressingPlace all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high for one and one half minutes.This salad is great even without the avocado!
From “foodie crush” http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/03/20-kale-recipes-and-roasted-kale-and-…